Greetings young radio brethren and sistren. I'm sure many of you have heard of Radio Facts during your career. For that, I'd like to give you some advice I hope you never forget.
I am a very wise and brilliant elder MF who embraces technology and I LOVE it. I also admire Millenial and Gen Z concepts because you KNOW your value and you don't take the sh that we had to take. I surround myself with many of you people and I learn a lot and I teach those who I mentor what I'm about to tell you. I get that you don't like to be managed but understand, while that works for more opportunities there is a price to pay for it too when it comes to “relationships.” I'm going to leave it up to you to figure out how to make that work but make sure you don't burn too many bridges that you might have to cross down the road.
Allow me to thank you for opening the door to 40-year-old plus people to still get work because corporations are confused by you and they want people who are committed to achieving THEIR goals and there is nothing wrong with that either but for those who want to be on a faster track to success … read on.
Recently, I asked a millennial to do an assignment and he told me, “You know Kevin, I'm really not interested in doing that!” I cracked up because he reminded me of ME. I was a “millennial” in the 80s and 90s which is how I ended up being an entrepreneur. I felt that every boss I ever had was no smarter than me and I could do their job as good or BETTER than they did so I might as well own the company too.
I truly hope that many of you are on a path to entrepreneurship because at the end of the day, its the hardest you will ever commit yourself but you will love every minute of it because it belongs to YOU. Notice I said, “commit.” Know there is a HUGE difference between “commitment” and “work.” Click “NEXT” to see the next suggestion and pass this on to every other jock you know. Share, share, share.
- Sam Cooke’s 1964 Murder Case Needs Further Exploration
- Wild 94.1’s PD Orlando Davis Featured in Radio Facts 21st Anniversary Issue
- JARED GOLDBERG NAMED APD AND MIDDAYS AT KMLE @ 107.9
- New York officials discuss crime stats after pulling $1B from NYPD budget
- Undeniable Top 10 Most Underrated Movies of All Time
- WILD 94.1 PD Orlando States: “The Conversation Must Start Here”
- Mika Announces Fifth Full Length Album My Name Is Michael Holbrook
- Key & Peele Presents: The Best of Wendell
- Renée Elise Goldsberry’s First Reaction to “It’s Quiet Uptown”
- Killer Mike Gives Great Speech at Revolt Conference about More Relevant Black Focus