Audio over IP innovator Barix will unveil the company’s new Silence Monitor solution at the 2019 NAB Show, reaffirming its commitment to assured connectivity with active monitoring of liveaudio broadcasts.
Silence Monitor is a web-accessible, analog-input audio monitoring device that delivers the highest levels of quality assurance, monitoring audio streams 24/7 and sending real-time alerts when an outage or silence is detected.
Barix will showcase the new product in booth C1139 at the event, which takes place April 6-11 in Las Vegas.
Unlike other solutions on the market, Silence Monitor does more than just detect silence—it also captures and sends a 10-second pre-alarm audio clip that users can listen to and analyze to determine what might have happened before the error occurred. In addition, Silence Monitor offers optional LTE 4G/ 3G/ NB-IoT transmission for RF out-of-band connectivity. This backup communication link ensures alarm detection signals are transmitted, even in the event of an IP network outage. Other products with silence detection send alarm notifications over the same network where the audio should be transported—a definite limitation. Silence Monitor allows the use of both local and out-of-band connection technology at the same time for robust reliability.
Silence Monitor checks transmission and monitors broadcast streams continuously, sending immediate alerts to the user’s email or mobile device via SMS/text message. Once users receive a notification, they can click on the link provided in the message to automatically stream the last audio transmission.
Users can monitor the status of the network and transmission online through a cloud-based management portal. Silence Monitor devices and alarms can be easily managed through the portal, and a full overview history of logs and audio clips is available for all connected sites. Users can also listen live to the audio at each monitoring site through the web-basedinterface, with specific location designations identifying points quickly and easily.
“Silence Monitor is designed to offer a cost-effective, quality assurance monitoring tool for broadcast transmissions,” said Reto Brader, CEO, Barix. “Broadcasters need affordable monitoring and prefer a decoded audio signal so they can receive alarms at an affordable cost. They need to be sure their audio signals arrive as intended, and it’s not just silence being delivered. Combining an independent network for backup alerting with a pre-alarm audio clip and the power of the cloudbolsters reliability while making troubleshooting easier.”
- Big Ten back, PAC 12 next?, NFL ratings tank, Titans allowing fans at games, MLB playoffs and more
- Sam Cooke’s 1964 Murder Case Needs Further Exploration
- BET Told Envy He Wasn’t Black Enough For Their Network
- Examining Jimmy Butler’s clutch gene and Bam Adebayo big block | The Jump
- DP reacts to the Clippers Game 7 loss to the Nuggets | 09/16/20
- Ray J Explains Why He Decided To File For Divorce
- Arçelik Chooses AWS to Transform its Appliance Manufacturing Business into a Data-Driven Organization
- Fairground Saints Release New Song “Mary”
- Mad Scientist Turned Hot Music Producer Releases Gucci “Polar Bear” Lyric Video
- Grammy®-Nominated Chart Topper William Murphy Releases New Album ‘Settle Here’