Funneling two lifetimes worth of street knowledge into his intense and precise rhymes, Casanova is one of the most promising stars in the Five Boroughs. Following the debut of the song as Ebro's “Beats 1 Banger” today at 3pmET, Casanova shares “Coming Home,” his new single. Featuring a butter-smooth chorus from Chris Brown and a warm, guitar-driven instrumental from Cool & Dre, sampling '90s R&B classic “Faded Pictures” by Case & Joe, “Coming Home” finds Casanova expressing his passion and desire, as he speeds through red lights to reunite with the object of his affections: “She hate when I work late/I should’ve been home in the first place.” “Coming Home” follows the Roc Nation rapper's recent release “So Brooklyn,” a fierce, Fabolous-featuring hometown anthem.
Says Casanova, “It's intended for your girl, putting her on a pedestal. You coming home and its relationship goals. You leaving your boys to race home to your girl. You're coming home, you're having fun, y'all f*cking a lot and you just love being with your girl.”
Since breaking out in 2016 with the local hit “Don't Run,” Flatbush native Casanova has been one of NYC's most consistently raw entertainers. Released on New Year's Day 2018, his single “Set Trippin‘” established him as a radio and boombox mainstay, earned over 20 million views on YouTube, and headlined his debut Commissary EP. Earlier this year, Casanova dropped Free At Last, a collaborative EP with 30 Roc, a Bronx-born who has worked with the likes of Cardi B, Travis Scott, and more. The EP boasted “2AM,” an afropop-influenced single with a Lagos-shot music video, featuring appearances from Tory Lanez and Davido, which earned more than 11 million plays on Spotify alone. Stay tuned for much more from Casanova in the coming months, as he continues his artistic evolution and commercial climb.
Listen to “Coming Home” ft. Chris Brown.
- Sam Cooke’s 1964 Murder Case Needs Further Exploration
- Terry Bradshaw opens up on his mended relationship with Ben Roethlisberger | NFL | THE HERD
- Ross Tucker explains why he couldn’t help but laugh on air at Daniel Jones’ trip and fall | 10/23/20
- Morning Meeting: Ross Tucker laughing at Daniel Jones’ trip and fall | 10/23/20
- Ty Dolla $ign On Collabs, Fatherhood, Evolution + More
- You REALLY Need to Move Out!
- Mike Posner Takes the iHeartRadio 60 Second Challenge
- Nate Is Mad Over Skeery’s Nuts | 15 Minute Morning Show
- Joe Rogan & The Drama Around a Joke-Stealer | The Comedy Store | SHOWTIME
- Teofimo Lopez: There’s no point to a rematch vs. Vasiliy Lomachenko | Max on Boxing