Gunpowder & Sky attained the worldwide distribution rights to Alexandra Cuerdo’s Filipino Documentary ‘ULAM: Main Dish.”
‘ULAM: Main Dish’ shows the rise of the Filipino food movement in the US and how the chefs are being accepted. Some of the chefs shown in the film are celebrity chef Alvin Cailan, creator of LA’s favorite Eggslut and the Usual; chefs Chad and Chase Valencia and their Food and Wine's 2018 Restaurant of the Year, LASA; Nicole Ponseca and chef Miguel Trinidad, creators of New York City’s Maharlika and Jeepney; and Los Angeles’ Andre Guerrero of The Oinkster, Maximiliano and The Little Bear.
The film was picked by Jonathan Gold as a special selection for the inaugural Los Angeles Times Food Bowl in 2017. Gold describes ULAM a “Love letter to Filipino cooking in America.” Since then, the film has played consistently to sold-out audiences since its world premiere in April at the Launch Section of the San Francisco International Film festival.
ULAM also had success with selling out screenings at the Closing Night film of New York’s Asian American International Film Festival, CAAMFest, the Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival, New Port Film Festival, and many more festivals.
Alexandra Cuerdo co-produced and directed the documentary. It's also produced by Kidlat Entertainment, John Floresca and Ray Cuerdo.
The film will hit selected theaters Dec. 1st, and will be available later in the month on different streaming services.
you can watch the preview of the film here https://www.ulamthemovie.com/#trailer.
- Sam Cooke’s 1964 Murder Case Needs Further Exploration
- Why George Lopez Won’t Talk To Us
- Wild 94.1’s PD Orlando Davis Featured in Radio Facts 21st Anniversary Issue
- 102.5 WDVE Rocks for Children’s Radiothon Raises Over $605,000
- Reactions To August Alsina Confirming Relationship w/ Jada Pinkett-Smith
- PRETTYMUCH Releases New Track “Lying” Featuring Lil Tjay
- WHUR Announces New Afternoon Drive Show
- What Music Can Say About your Personality
- VASSY Returns to #1 on Billboard
- KEVIN RATLIFF “BOOTLEG KEV” GETS NEW GIG