IHEARTMEDIA ATLANTA DEBUTS ‘THE BEAT’, THE NEW HOME OF HIP HOP N’ R&B FOR ATLANTA BROADCASTED ON 92.3 AND 96.7
New Station to Broadcast Hit Programs
The Breakfast Club and Big Boy’s Neighborhood
Atlanta, GA. – November 11, 2016 – iHeartMedia Atlanta announced today the debut of The Beat, the new home of Hip Hop N’ R&B for Atlanta broadcasted on both 92.3 and 96.7. The station launched today, with popular shows The Breakfast Club and Big Boy’s Neighborhood to begin on December 5.
“We are the A’s new home for Hip Hop and R&B,” said Brian Michel, Senior Vice President of Programming for iHeartMedia’s Atlanta Region. “To have the station bookended by Hip Hop’s crown jewels, The Breakfast Club in the morning and Big Boy’s Neighborhood in the evening, makes for an amazing lineup for our listeners. We are excited to finalize the rest of our lineup with the best and brightest local talent.”
92.3 & 96.7 The Beat listeners will wake up to The Breakfast Club, The World’s Most Dangerous Morning Show. The nationally syndicated, award-winning talk show is set to air on 92.3 & 96.7 The Beat beginning this month and features DJ Envy, Angela Yee and Charlamagne Tha God. The Breakfast Club will broadcast weekday mornings from 5:30 – 10:00 a.m.
In addition, national Hip Hop icon Big Boy will host weekday evenings on 92.3 & 96.7 The Beat with Big Boy’s Neighborhood airing from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. ET. Joined on-air by Natalia Perez, Louie G, Ayyde and DJ VickOne, Big Boy welcomes the biggest names in music and entertainment, plays the hottest music and keeps listeners laughing with hilarious bits, including the infamous phonetaps with “Luther Luffeigh.”
“This is an exciting and powerful addition to the iHeartMedia Atlanta portfolio,” said Justin Schaflander, President for iHeartMedia’s Atlanta Region. “To be able to get into this format in arguably the nation’s capital of Hip Hop will be a game-changer for our listeners and our clients.”
The full programming lineup for 92.3 & 96.7 The Beat will be announced soon.
iHeartMedia is a leading media outlet in the Atlanta market and its content is available across multiple platforms, including its broadcast station; online via its branded digital site; mobile; and
social, with nationwide listening through iHeartRadio, the all-in-one streaming music and live radio service – with its more than a billion downloads and 90 million registered users. Fans can listen to 92.3 & 96.7 The Beat on the station's website at www.TheBeatATL.com and on iHeartRadio.
- Sam Cooke’s 1964 Murder Case Needs Further Exploration
- Wild 94.1’s PD Orlando Davis Featured in Radio Facts 21st Anniversary Issue
- JARED GOLDBERG NAMED APD AND MIDDAYS AT KMLE @ 107.9
- New York officials discuss crime stats after pulling $1B from NYPD budget
- Mika Announces Fifth Full Length Album My Name Is Michael Holbrook
- VIDEO: TLC Teach Dance Students Their Famous Choreography
- WILD 94.1 PD Orlando States: “The Conversation Must Start Here”
- Undeniable Top 10 Most Underrated Movies of All Time
- Young Black Actors New Face of Nickelodeon Sit-Com
- Killer Mike Gives Great Speech at Revolt Conference about More Relevant Black Focus