P&G and iHeartMedia invited people everywhere to join the third annual “Can’t Cancel Pride – Proud AND Together,” a fundraiser for the LGBTQ+ community celebrating visibility and inclusivity for all. Hosted by singer, actress and social media phenom, JoJo Siwa, the benefit special brought together today’s biggest names in culture and entertainment and included performances from Katy Perry, Sam Smith, Lizzo, Anitta, Dove Cameron, Betty Who and Kim Petras. In addition, Elton was honored with the first-ever Impact Award for his humanitarian work through the Elton John AIDS Foundation. The event will be available on demand throughout Pride Month until June 30 via iHeartRadio’s YouTube, Facebook, The CW App and CWTV.com and Revry.
In addition to music, “Can’t Cancel Pride – Proud AND Together” included special appearances from Amy Schneider, Big Freedia, Billy Porter, Dorit Kemsley, Erika Jayne, Eugene Lee Yang, Hayley Kiyoko, Jari Jones, Jasmin Savoy Brown, Liv Hewson, Manila Luzon, Michael Cimino, Rueby Wood and more, with support from brands including P&G, Bounty®, Braun, Charmin®, Chevrolet, Dawn®, Downy®, GilletteLabs®, Mastercard®, Metamucil®, Pampers®, Pantene, Tide®, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Venus and VÖOST Vitamins. Produced by iHeartMedia and P&G, the benefit streamed on iHeartRadio’sTikTok, YouTube and Facebook, iHeartRadio’s PrideRadio.com, The CW App and CWTV.com, and Revry.
“Can’t Cancel Pride” partnered with The Greater Cincinnati Foundation to administer and distribute financial support raised by the event to LGBTQ+ organizations with a track record of positive impact and support of the LGBTQ+ community, including GLAAD, SAGE, The Trevor Project, the National Black Justice Coalition, CenterLink and OutRight Action International. In its first two years, Can’t Cancel Pride has raised over $8.3 million for these organizations. In 2021 alone, the event reached 6.3 million viewers and listeners. To raise money for the six participating nonprofits, iHeartMedia will partner with Cameo and participating talent from June 7 through June 21 and donate a portion of proceeds from the personalized videos to benefit the Can’t Cancel Pride fund. Learn more at cameo.com.
The benefit special included these special moments:
• Lizzo kicked off the celebration with a sparkly performance of “About Damn Time” from the Moonlight Rollerway in Glendale, CA.
• Host JoJo Siwa set the tone for this celebration of pride by honoring the support of the LGBTQ+ community: “It means so much to me to be here tonight. Since I came out to the world last year, I have received so much love from the LGBTQ community. I really am so happy and so proud to be living as my full authentic self.”
• After a charismatic introduction by Real Housewives of Wives of Beverly Hills stars Erika Jayne and Dorit Kemsley, the stylish Dove Cameron delivered a sultry performance of her hit single “Boyfriend.”
• Host JoJo Siwa played a game of “Gay” trivia with million-dollar Jeopardy champion, Amy Schneider.
• Katy Perry partook in the festivities from her residency in Vegas with a performance of her hit “Waking Up in Vegas.” Before the jazzy rendition of her song, Katy pledged her allegiance to the LGBTQ+ community: “I am so happy to be representing Can’t Cancel Pride from our stage in Las Vegas. As a proud ally, I know that there has never been a more important moment to lock arms and fight back against the dangerous legislation and discrimination that LGBTQ people are facing right now. We will always fight for, honor and celebrate our friends in the community.”
• Sam Smith performed a touching rendition of “Love Me More” from the St. Pancras church in London.
• Yellow Jackets stars Jasmin Savoy Brown and Liv Hewson showcased their unique fashion styles while introducing singer Bette Who.
• Betty Who showed off her impressive dance moves during her performance of “Blow Out My Candle.”
• Anitta gave an electrifying live performance of “Boys Don’t Cry” in front of an energized crowd.
• Kim Petras slayed her tennis-inspired performance of her summer hit, “Coconuts.”
• Host JoJo Siwa honored Elton John with Can’t Cancel Pride’s first-ever Impact Award, recognizing 30 years of his work to end HIV through the Elton John AIDS Foundation. Lizzo gave a special tribute to Elton by performing an acapella cover of his classic hit “Your Song.” To conclude his acceptance speech, Elton gave some important advice to the LGBTQ+ Community: “Be yourself, push the envelope, and ruffle feathers where you need to. I do love feathers. Remember, what unites us is far greater than what divides us. Take care of one another and try to be a part of something bigger than yourselves. Never forget that love makes the world go round.”
• Out and proud television superstar Billy Porter shared a message of unity along with a call to action: “What I love about this moment and Can’t Cancel Pride is that it brings the community together to speak truth to power. We can’t stop fighting; we will not be erased. So, let’s get out there and hold on to the rights that we spent years and years fighting for.”
• Eugene Lee Yang shared his pride highlight (pridelight) of the year which included a message of support for the LGBTQ community: “I was so impressed by kids across this country particularly in Florida who are out there protesting the “Don’t Say Gay” bill. They, you are all standing up against the injustice of the prejudice legislation being passed and introduced in multiple states. We see you; we support you and will fight alongside you.”
Additional proud partners of “Can’t Cancel Pride” included Crest®, Gain Dish Soap, GIANT®, Giant®, Harris Teeter, OLAY® and Stop & Shop™.
Executive Producers for “Can’t Cancel Pride 2022 – Proud AND Together” are John Sykes, Tom Poleman, Bart Peters, and Gayle Troberman of iHeartMedia; Can’t Cancel Pride Co-Founder Brent Miller of P&G; Casey Patterson for Casey Patterson Entertainment, Eric Conte, and Aaron Cooke. Austin Reading serves as Co-EP and Grant Greeley is Supervising Producer for Casey Patterson Entertainment.