iHeartMedia announced today that James Howard has been named Vice President of Programming for Washington, D.C., effective immediately. iHeartMedia Washington, D.C. has a strong cross-platform presence and includes a number of iconic brands and franchises — both broadcast and digital — including HOT 99.5, 97.1 WASH-FM, DC101, 98.7 WMZQ, BIG 100 and 104.7 – and produces legendary marquee events including the iHeartRadio HOT 99.5 Jingle Ball, WMZQ Fest and DC101’s Kerfuffle.
iHeartMedia has massive consumer reach and influence across multiple platforms and delivers more live programming than any other media company. Howard will work with radio station personalities and program directors to oversee on-air content, music programming, as well as oversee digital and social media for all radio station brands in Washington, D.C. He will also serve as the Program Director for DC101 and BIG100. He will report to Jeff Kapugi, Senior Vice President of Programming for iHeartMedia’s Washington, D.C. Region.
“James has been a rock star for years,” said Kapugi. “Now he gets to be an AC star, a Country star and a Top 40 star. This is a well-deserved promotion for one of the most creative programmers I’ve had the opportunity to work with.”
Howard began his radio career with iHeartMedia in 2001 and since then has held programming positions in Orlando, Albany, Atlanta and Tampa. Howard joined the Washington, D.C./Baltimore market in 2010 and most recently programmed WWDC and WBIG.
“We have the best content creators in the business at iHeartMedia D.C.,” said Howard. “I’m excited to help lead them into the future!”
iHeartMedia is the leading media outlet in the Washington, D.C. market with multiple platforms, including its broadcast stations; live events; data; and its digital businesses and platforms, including mobile, social and its own iHeartRadio, the leading all-in-one streaming music and live radio service – with more than 1.4 billion app downloads and 100 million registered users.
- Sam Cooke’s 1964 Murder Case Needs Further Exploration
- Wild 94.1’s PD Orlando Davis Featured in Radio Facts 21st Anniversary Issue
- JARED GOLDBERG NAMED APD AND MIDDAYS AT KMLE @ 107.9
- New York officials discuss crime stats after pulling $1B from NYPD budget
- Undeniable Top 10 Most Underrated Movies of All Time
- Key & Peele Presents: The Best of Wendell
- Renée Elise Goldsberry’s First Reaction to “It’s Quiet Uptown”
- WILD 94.1 PD Orlando States: “The Conversation Must Start Here”
- Killer Mike Gives Great Speech at Revolt Conference about More Relevant Black Focus
- Young Black Actors New Face of Nickelodeon Sit-Com