Sources have informed us that the beloved Service Broadcasting, known as being the only station in these entire United States for paying black announcers VERY well is up for sale. Let us lift our hands to thee and pray. Sources state the owner Hyman Childs, who is ready to retire, is making the move to exit the industry.
What does this mean for Service Broadcasting's current staff? The Dallas stations would be absorbed into the Radio One Dallas fold and my guess is that Geo Cook would head to the Radio One spot most recently vacated by Hurricane Dave in Atlanta and that Mark McCrary who handles Radio One in Dallas would handle all the Radio One Dallas properties.
The legendary Hyman Childs will be honored at this year's Living Legends where Tito Jackson will perform this year. I will personally meet Mr. Childs and shake his hand for a job well done.
- Sam Cooke’s 1964 Murder Case Needs Further Exploration
- 102.5 WDVE Rocks for Children’s Radiothon Raises Over $605,000
- Rick Party Talks about Helping Parents While Starting a New Syndicated Show
- WHUR Announces New Afternoon Drive Show
- Popular Podcast is the First Podcast to Hit 1 Billion Downloads
- Kobe Bryant Visits School To Share Life Lessons From His Podcast “Punies”
- REVIEW: Remastered The Two Killings of Sam Cooke (Netflix)
- PRETTYMUCH Releases New Track “Lying” Featuring Lil Tjay
- Atlantic Record’s EVP or Urban Promotions Juliette Jones Talks to Radio Facts
- Freddie Jackson Appears at Fan Experience for KISS 104.1