IHEARTMEDIA CLEVELAND NAMES JASON CARR PROGRAM DIRECTOR FOR ALT 99.1 FM AND ASSISTANT PROGRAM DIRECTOR FOR 100.7 WMMS
Cleveland, OH – February 1, 2018 – iHeartMedia Cleveland announced today that Jason Carr has been named Program Director for ALT 99.1 FM, Cleveland’s New Rock Alternative, and Assistant Program Director for 100.7 WMMS, Cleveland’s Rock Station, effective February 12. iHeartMedia Cleveland has a strong cross-platform presence and includes a number of iconic brands and franchises — both broadcast and digital — encompassing six stations comprised of music, talk and news formats. iHeartMedia has the leading consumer reach and influence across multiple platforms and delivers more live programming than any other media company. As Program Director for ALT 99.1 FM and Assistant Program Director for 100.7 WMMS, Carr will work closely with on-air personalities and sales to oversee both stations’ on-air content, digital footprint, music programming, local community events and partnerships.
He will report to Keith Abrams, Regional Senior Vice President of Programming for iHeartMedia’s North Ohio Region and Program Director for 100.7 WMMS. “Jason Carr comes to Cleveland after spending 10 plus years programming and running stations in Florida,” said Keith Hotchkiss, President of iHeartMedia’s North Ohio Region. “I’m excited for him to head north, experience the Cleveland winter, contribute to the growth of ALT 99.1 FM and further strengthen the brand of 100.7 WMMS.” Carr most recently served as Operations Manager for WSBH and WTSM in the Melbourne/Treasure Coast area of Florida, as well as Station Manager for WHLG. His career includes a seven year stint in Dallas/Fort Worth as part of the Lex & Terry Radio Network. “I’m thrilled to begin this new chapter of my career in Cleveland,” said Carr.
“I couldn’t be more excited for this opportunity to lead the efforts of ALT 99.1 and to be on the same team as Rover’s Morning Glory and the Alan Cox Show at the legendary 100.7 WMMS.” iHeartMedia is the leading media outlet in the Cleveland market with multiple platforms, including its broadcast stations; live events; data; and its digital businesses and platforms, including mobile, social and its own iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s free all-in-one digital music, podcasting and live streaming radio service – with more than 1.7 billion app downloads and 110 million registered users.
- Sam Cooke’s 1964 Murder Case Needs Further Exploration
- Terry Bradshaw opens up on his mended relationship with Ben Roethlisberger | NFL | THE HERD
- Ross Tucker explains why he couldn’t help but laugh on air at Daniel Jones’ trip and fall | 10/23/20
- Mike Posner Takes the iHeartRadio 60 Second Challenge
- Morning Meeting: Ross Tucker laughing at Daniel Jones’ trip and fall | 10/23/20
- Ty Dolla $ign On Collabs, Fatherhood, Evolution + More
- If the Dodgers lose Game 3, they will lose the series – Tony Kornheiser | PTI
- You REALLY Need to Move Out!
- Joe Rogan & The Drama Around a Joke-Stealer | The Comedy Store | SHOWTIME
- Teofimo Lopez: There’s no point to a rematch vs. Vasiliy Lomachenko | Max on Boxing