Fresh off a BET Award nomination for “Best Female Hip-Hop Artist,” Detroit rapper and hip-hop starlet Kash Doll releases “Kitten,” her latest banger featuring legendary hip-hop artist Lil Wayne. This follows her groundbreaking mini-movie and song “Hustla,” released last month. “Kitten” has all the necessary elements for a summer smash. Hitmaking producer ISM (Chris Brown, Chief Keef, Ty Dolla $ign) contributed the track while Kash Doll and Lil Wayne more than deliver vocally with bars that are as clever as they are boisterous.
Kash Doll is thrilled to deliver this song to her fans explaining, “’Kitten’ is a fun playful song for summer. Dogs will be dogs but they ain’t getting this kitten.” She continues with excitement that Lil Wayne jumped on the record saying, “Wayne is a rap God, an icon and legend. To be able to have a song with him is more than a dream come true.”
Listen to “Kitten”: HERE
Detroit native Kash Doll has impacted the music industry with a commanding force, dropping street-earned truths with her throwback wordplay and powerful bars. The one-two combination of spirit and sass announced her as fiery female force in 2019 after quietly amassing 30 million-plus on-demand streams, garnering the BMI Social Star Award and “Issa Wave Award” at the BET Social Awards, and inking a deal with Republic Records. An unbelievable story brought her to this point. Losing her dad on just her first birthday, she always held down multiple jobs to support her mom and siblings. And at 18, she started investing in herself eventually opening two beauty bars and funding her own music career. She made waves on the 2014 independent debut mixtape, Keisha Vs. Kash Doll. Following 2016’s Trapped In The Dollhouse, she developed a presence as a touring force and earned coveted co-signs from Drake, Big Sean, Rick Ross, Remy Ma, and many more. The 2018 The Vault mixtape captured #1 on multiple mixtape sites as her debut single for Republic Records “Ice Me Out” and its 2 Chainz-assisted official remix clocked 8 million-plus total streams. Last year, Kash Doll also released a project solely for her fans titled Brat Mail to thank them for all their continued support. The project garnered over 14 million global streams and features the break out single “Check.” Shortly before Brat Mail, Kash released one of her biggest singles to date, “For Everybody,” which racked up over 10 million YouTube/VEVO views independently.
She kicked off 2019 with a bang by supporting Meek Mill on tour. Outside of music, this boss runs Kash Doll Enterprises and does charity work around her hometown. Her city bestowed the “Spirit of Detroit” Award upon her.
- Sam Cooke’s 1964 Murder Case Needs Further Exploration
- 6ix9ine Announces New Album Release Date
- 102.5 WDVE Rocks for Children’s Radiothon Raises Over $605,000
- Dave Matthews Band – Cry Freedom [Live From Home: By Request]
- Burning Bush International Ministries (BBIM) Mass Choir Releases Debut Single, “Expect the Supernatural,” to Overwhelming Response
- Wild 94.1’s PD Orlando Davis Featured in Radio Facts 21st Anniversary Issue
- Jordan Jackson Gives Censored Graduation Speech | SWAY’S UNIVERSE
- The Incredible Legacy of the Birmingham Children’s Crusade – Drunk History
- Ashe And Niall Horan Crack Us Up For 10 Minutes
- What The World Needs Now w/ Theophilus London & Congressional Candidate Hector Oseguera – Episode 3