Rising Bronx rapper Kemba released his new single “The Feels” [feat. Portugal. The Man] this week.
“The Feels” unites two of music’s most exciting forces. The counterpoint of styles and sounds summons a singular spirit and illuminates Kemba’s dynamic and diverse take on hip-hop. The track is included on Kemba’s forthcoming debut album Gilda. The project also features cameos from Smino, and Jagged Edge, among others. Executive produced by Brasstracks, Gilda grapples with stages of grief and the aftermath of loss, reflective of Kemba's headspace in the wake of losing his mother (the project's namesake) in February 2017. Kemba raps about family, love, and regret in a poignant, vulnerable way that shows growth from previous works such as Negus.
It makes perfect sense Kemba calls The Bronx—the birthplace of hip-hop—home. He literally carries the genre with him everywhere. Making a name for himself as a fan favorite under the name of YC The Cynic, he dropped a series of lauded projects and songs from 2010 through 2013. Adopting the moniker Kemba, he ignited his rise with the album Negus. In addition to a highly cited interview on Real Late W/Peter Rosenberg, he joined Kendrick Lamar on stage during an American Express-sponsored concert live-streamed online. He kept his head down and continued writing just as any true hip-hop hero would.
- Big Ten back, PAC 12 next?, NFL ratings tank, Titans allowing fans at games, MLB playoffs and more
- Sam Cooke’s 1964 Murder Case Needs Further Exploration
- BET Told Envy He Wasn’t Black Enough For Their Network
- Examining Jimmy Butler’s clutch gene and Bam Adebayo big block | The Jump
- DP reacts to the Clippers Game 7 loss to the Nuggets | 09/16/20
- Ray J Explains Why He Decided To File For Divorce
- Arçelik Chooses AWS to Transform its Appliance Manufacturing Business into a Data-Driven Organization
- Fairground Saints Release New Song “Mary”
- Mad Scientist Turned Hot Music Producer Releases Gucci “Polar Bear” Lyric Video
- Grammy®-Nominated Chart Topper William Murphy Releases New Album ‘Settle Here’