MIKE PRESTON NAMED SVP OF PROGRAMMING AT IHEART
iHeartMedia Baltimore announced today that Mike Preston has been named Senior Vice President of Programming, effective immediately. He will also serve as Program Director for 93.1 WPOC, Baltimore's No. 1 for New Country, and 102.7 JACK-FM, Playing What We Want for Baltimore. iHeartMedia Baltimore has a strong cross-platform presence and includes a number of iconic brands and franchises – both broadcast and digital – including 93.1 WPOC, Z104.3, 102.7 JACK-FM and Heaven 600 – and produces legendary marquee events including 93.1 WPOC’s Sunday in the Country.
iHeartMedia has massive consumer reach and influence across multiple platforms and delivers more live programming than any other media company. Preston will be responsible for spearheading the programming, promotions and digital strategies for all four stations in the Baltimore market. As Program Director, Preston will also work with on-air personalities and sales teams from 93.1 WPOC and 102.7 JACK-FM to oversee the stations’ day-to-day programming operations.
“Mike Preston fits this opening like a glove,” said Jeff Kapugi, Senior Vice President of Programming for iHeartMedia’s Washington, D.C. Region. “I am confident that his leadership and personality will take our Baltimore cluster to new heights.”
A radio veteran with over 25 years of programming experience, Preston most recently spent time as Program Director of KKWF and KHTP in Seattle, WA. Early in his career he was the Assistant Program Director at ABC Radio’s WPLJ in New York, NY. He later spent 12 years with CBS Radio including three as VP of Programming in San Francisco, CA and nine as Program Director and Vice President of Contemporary Hits Radio Programming in Seattle, WA. He attended Foothill College.
“From Elliott Bay to the Chesapeake Bay, I’m thrilled to join the iHeartMedia programming team in Baltimore,” said Preston. “I can’t wait to join this amazing group of brands and the equally amazing and talented people who bring them to life.”
iHeartMedia has the number one reach of any media outlet in the Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, MD markets with multiple platforms, including its broadcast stations; live events; data; and its digital businesses and platforms, including mobile, social and its own iHeartRadio, the leading all-in-one streaming music and live radio service – with more than 1.4 billion app downloads and 100 million registered users.
- Sam Cooke’s 1964 Murder Case Needs Further Exploration
- Terry Bradshaw opens up on his mended relationship with Ben Roethlisberger | NFL | THE HERD
- Ross Tucker explains why he couldn’t help but laugh on air at Daniel Jones’ trip and fall | 10/23/20
- Mike Posner Takes the iHeartRadio 60 Second Challenge
- Morning Meeting: Ross Tucker laughing at Daniel Jones’ trip and fall | 10/23/20
- Ty Dolla $ign On Collabs, Fatherhood, Evolution + More
- You REALLY Need to Move Out!
- Joe Rogan & The Drama Around a Joke-Stealer | The Comedy Store | SHOWTIME
- Teofimo Lopez: There’s no point to a rematch vs. Vasiliy Lomachenko | Max on Boxing
- Nate Is Mad Over Skeery’s Nuts | 15 Minute Morning Show