NETFLIX SIGNS EXCLUSIVE MUSIC PUBLISHING DEAL WITH BMG
BMG announced it has signed an exclusive agreement with Netflix Inc., the world's leading internet television network, to manage and administer Netflix’s music publishing rights outside the U.S.
Netflix has over 93 million subscribers in more than 190 countries who use the Netflix service to view more than 125 million hours of TV shows, movies and other content each day.
The agreement between BMG and Netflix includes score, transition cues, themes, and feature songs for all content owned by Netflix for its Netflix Originals, such as TV series, feature films, documentary features, and other original content.
Zach Katz, BMG US President Repertoire & Marketing, said, “It is an understatement to say we are excited to be working with Netflix. This agreement is a significant endorsement of the BMG team and platform from one of the most forward-thinking and innovative entertainment companies in the world. It also highlights the particular strength of Keith Hauprich (Deputy General Counsel, BMG US) and his film and TV publishing team.”
Dominic Houston, Director of Music Licensing at Netflix, said, “After a long process of selecting the right partner for Netflix, we are delighted to be able to announce this new partnership with BMG and look forward to getting started with the team there. We were particularly impressed by the commercial and technology expertise of BMG, and are excited to see what opportunities we can develop together.”
BMG’s current film and TV partners include The Weinstein Company, Hasbro Studios, Activision Blizzard Studios, AMC Network, Turner Broadcasting, Rede Globo’s Som Livre, NFL Films, Walden Media, 2929 Productions, Bold & Beautiful, Bold Films, ContentMedia, Relativity Media, John Carpenter’s Rodeo Suplex, Roger Corman’s Concorde New Horizons, Icon Productions, Parallel Entertainment, and Global Asylum among others.
- Sam Cooke’s 1964 Murder Case Needs Further Exploration
- Malcolm Jenkins is a Hypocritical Fraud
- SARAH SHAHI JOINS UPCOMING SHOWTIME DRAMA SERIES CITY ON A HILL
- Young Black Actors New Face of Nickelodeon Sit-Com
- REVIEW: Remastered The Two Killings of Sam Cooke (Netflix)
- Joel Klatt expands on Colin’s CFB proposals, talks Big 10 schedule, who’s on the hot seat | THE HERD
- WOJ f-bombs US senator, MSESPN gonna MSESPN, Big Ten idiocy
- Keisha Nicole Announced As New Midday Talent at KBXX
- Saddle Up And Countdown SiriusXM’s Top 1000 Country Songs
- The Dungeon Family – Even In Darkness, Vinyl Release