After amassing millions of streams and on the heels of supporting Alessia Cara on her Canadian tour, buzzing Ontario-born singer and songwriter Ryland James shares his new single“In My Head” today.
Get it HERE via 21 Entertainment / Republic Records.
The song properly introduces this seismic and show-stopping vocalist on a global stage. A combination of vulnerable lyricism and stratospheric range, “In My Head” unfolds as an entrancing and emotionally charged single. Ryland’s vibrato resounds before he carries the undeniable and unshakable hook “I cannot live with you. I cannot live without you. You’re in my head”
Managed by Chris Smith, the budding talent highlighted 2019 by crisscrossing Canada in arenas on tour with Alessia Cara, as well as supporting artists like Daniel Caesar, Ruth B & Tyler Shaw. In addition, he received social media praise from Shawn Mendes. This week, he brought audiences to their feet at intimate showcases in New York and Los Angeles, setting the stage for what’s to come with his dynamic performances. Kicking off the fall with a bang, he hits the stage at Bumbershoot on September 1 and Life Is Beautiful September 22. In the coming weeks, he’ll also premiere the music video for “In My Head.”
All signs point to a major breakthrough by Ryland James in 2019.
On the edge of the stage, under the spotlight, and behind a microphone, singer and songwriter Ryland Jamesthrives. In this space, the artist’s voice rings out with a bold balance of passion, panache, and power, coursing through a fusion of gospel roots, gritty soul, and anthemic pop straight from the heart. That voice already carried him a long way from his birthplace of Deseronto, Ontario and recently brought him to a career milestone: joining a personal hero—Alessia Cara—on a spring tour throughout Canada.
Returning from the road, he kicked off his biggest and boldest chapter with the 2019 single “In My Head.” Co-written amidst trips to Stockholm and London (which yielded nearly 100 original compositions), the track highlights Ryland’s poetic songcraft and expansive vocal range. The vocals reverberate with a combination of urgent immediacy and palpable emotion. Ultimately, Ryland makes a connection every time he picks up a microphone in the studio or on stage.
9/1 Seattle, WA Bumbershoot Festival
9/22 Las Vegas, NV Life Is Beautiful Festival
- Sam Cooke’s 1964 Murder Case Needs Further Exploration
- 6ix9ine Announces New Album Release Date
- Burning Bush International Ministries (BBIM) Mass Choir Releases Debut Single, “Expect the Supernatural,” to Overwhelming Response
- 102.5 WDVE Rocks for Children’s Radiothon Raises Over $605,000
- Dave Matthews Band – Cry Freedom [Live From Home: By Request]
- The Incredible Legacy of the Birmingham Children’s Crusade – Drunk History
- Wild 94.1’s PD Orlando Davis Featured in Radio Facts 21st Anniversary Issue
- Jordan Jackson Gives Censored Graduation Speech | SWAY’S UNIVERSE
- Rising Singer & Producer Stefan James Unveils His Debut EP “Nights Like”
- Ashe And Niall Horan Crack Us Up For 10 Minutes