Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) has concluded a major new worldwide deal with “The King of Bachata” Romeo Santos, one of the most influential Latin music superstars and the CEO of Roc Nation Latin, it was announced today by Jody Gerson, UMPG Chairman and CEO, and Alexandra Lioutikoff, UMPG EVP/Latin Music.
For Santos, a multiple award winner and one of the biggest Latin songwriters, his exclusive publishing deal with UMPG marks the first time he has been represented by a major music publisher. UMPG will represent all of Santos' solo works, including the 5x platinum album Formula Vol.1, The King Stays King: Sold Out At Madison Square Garden, the RIAA Diamond certified album Formula Vol.2, as well as his highly anticipated, upcoming third solo studio album, which is slated for release in 2017.
In making the announcement Gerson said: I’m extremely proud to welcome Romeo Santos to the Universal Music Publishing family. He’s an inspiring artist and top songwriter who is conquering the world on his own terms. I can’t wait to hear what’s next.”
“I have known Romeo for many years, and as a Latin artist and songwriter he is as big as it gets. His massive appeal as an artist crosses all genres and borders, and we look forward to helping further expand opportunities for him in both the Anglo and Latino markets,” added Lioutikoff.
- Sam Cooke’s 1964 Murder Case Needs Further Exploration
- Wild 94.1’s PD Orlando Davis Featured in Radio Facts 21st Anniversary Issue
- JARED GOLDBERG NAMED APD AND MIDDAYS AT KMLE @ 107.9
- New York officials discuss crime stats after pulling $1B from NYPD budget
- Mika Announces Fifth Full Length Album My Name Is Michael Holbrook
- Undeniable Top 10 Most Underrated Movies of All Time
- Key & Peele Presents: The Best of Wendell
- Killer Mike Gives Great Speech at Revolt Conference about More Relevant Black Focus
- WILD 94.1 PD Orlando States: “The Conversation Must Start Here”
- Young Black Actors New Face of Nickelodeon Sit-Com